The Therapeutic and Cellular Effects of K-Laser Therapy
Class IV K-Lasers, like the one used at Sullivan Family Pet Hospital, deliver specific red and near-infared wavelengths of laser light to affected areas of the body. The painless application of laser therapy promotes increased circulation and reduces inflammation, swelling, muscle spams, stiffness and pain in the affected area. During treatment, infared laser light is used to increase metabolic activity within the cells promoting the acceleration of the healing process and decreasing pain.
This video explains the mechanism behind K-Laser class 4 laser therapy treatments
Laser Therapy Can Help With:
- Joint Pain
- Ligament Sprains
- Post-Surgical Pain
We offer many different laser package treatments
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should my pet be treated?
- Acute conditions may be treated daily based on veterinary recommendations.
- Chronic conditions seem to respond better when treatments are preformed 2 to 3 times a week and then tapered as improvement is seen
How many treatments does it take?
- Acute conditions can sometimes be treated in 1 to 2 sessions depending on the nature of the condition
- Chronic conditions may require 5 to 8 sessions
- Some conditions may require ongoing care to help control pain
How long does it take to notice results?
- Your pet may feel a difference after only one treatment; however, sometimes they will not feel an improvement until they receive multiple treatments. The effectiveness of treatments are cumulative and often pets feel results after 3 to 4 sessions.
Does the treatment hurt?
- Your pet should feel little to no sensation during treatment. Sometimes there is a mild warmth or tingling that can be felt, although most animals find this soothing.
- There is no patient sedation or restraint needed to complete therapy. Most patients find treatments comforting and pleasant.
Are there any side effects?
- Very few side effects have ever been reported in association with laser therapy treatments. Occasionally, some injuries may feel more aggravated after treatment is performed as the healing response will be more active after treatment.